The 2018 meeting of the Pacific Northwest chapter of MLA will be held Friday and Saturday June 22-23. The chapter will meet at Central Washington University in Ellensberg, WA.
Look for more information and the call for presentation proposals this fall in the PNWMLA Chapter Newsletter!
Looking for accommodations for our Anchorage meeting? Check out the annual meeting website! Stay tuned for more meeting details in the coming months.
Would you like to learn more about music librarianship and management of music collections? The Pacific Northwest Chapter of the Music Library Association (PNWMLA) invites you to apply for our second annual travel grant to attend our Chapter meeting in Anchorage, Alaska, on July 7, 2017.
This grant is open to first-time attendees of a PNWMLA annual meeting. Graduate students in library and information science, paraprofessionals, and librarians working in areas related to music are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants need not be members of PNWMLA at the time of application but must agree to join the chapter upon receiving the award. This award covers travel funding up to $300.
Application materials should be submitted via email as pdfs to PNWMLA chapter chair Verletta Kern (firstname.lastname@example.org). To apply, please include the following:
1. A letter of application which includes:
- The reasons for attending the PNWMLA annual meeting and why you are a good candidate for this grant
- A justification of financial need
- A brief budget for travel costs to attend the PNWMLA annual meeting. Annual meeting registration for travel grant recipients is free and need not be included in your brief budget.
- Information about any other grants, matching funds, or institutional support you may also receive to cover costs to attend the PNWMLA annual meeting.
2. A current vita or resume
3. One letter of support directly emailed by the reference via email to Verletta Kern (email@example.com).
Deadline for the receipt of applications is January 15, 2017.
The PNWMLA Board will notify applicants by February 1, 2017
Save the date! Our 2017 chapter meeting will be on July 7 in Anchorage, Alaska. Stay tuned for more details.
Thanks to everyone who attended the joint West Coast Meeting between the California and Pacific Northwest Chapters of the Music Library Association! In case you missed it, browse through this selection of meeting slides.
Just a reminder to check out our annual meeting website for up-to-date information on the West Coast Chapter Meeting. We hope to see you all there!