Would you like to learn more about music librarianship and management of music collections? The Pacific Northwest Chapter of the Music Library Association (PNWMLA) invites you to apply for our inaugural travel grant to attend our annual meeting in Eugene, Oregon May 8-9. This grant is open to first-time-attendees of a PNWMLA annual meeting. Graduate students in library and information science, paraprofessionals, and librarians working in areas related to music are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants need not be members of PNWMLA at the time of application but must agree to join the chapter upon receiving the award. This award covers travel funding up to $300.
1. A letter of application which includes:
- the reasons for attending the PNWMLA annual meeting and why you are a good candidate for this grant
- a justification of financial need
- a brief budget for travel costs to attend the PNWMLA annual meeting. Annual meeting registration for travel grant recipients is free and need not be included in your brief budget.
- information about any other grants, matching funds, or institutional support you may also receive to cover costs to attend the PNWMLA annual meeting.
2. A current vita or resume
- Hotel room blocks run $109/night not including tax
Please contact PNWMLA chair, Ann Shaffer, with any questions you have related to the travel grant.