I. Job Description
The Publicity & Outreach Coordinator plays a fundamental role in getting the word out Chapter activities and working with Chapter members to design activities to recruit new members to the chapter. The Publicity & Outreach Coordinator works closely the Chapter Webmaster and Newsletter Editor to promote the work of the Chapter and actively shares Chapter activities with MLA national members.
The Publicity & Outreach Coordinator will:
- Work with Chapter membership to envision and execute local Chapter outreach activities, potentially including but not limited to:
- Designing and distributing Chapter brochures
- Coordinating Chapter exhibits at local library conferences
- Seeking opportunities for Chapter programs at local conferences
- Take the lead on applying for outreach funding through the national Music Library Association
- Promote the Chapter Travel Grant broadly, including to local library schools
- Manages the Chapter’s Facebook presence and ensures it is up to date
- Fall: Work with the Chapter Board to determine a timeline for the Chapter Travel Grant and put out a call for applicants. Work with the Newsletter Editor to put forward the call for applicants.
- Monitor the MLA national call for funding proposals and work with the Board to determine if we would like to move forward on a funding proposal request.