If you’re interested in a room block for our 2016 West Coast Meeting, you have until July 4th to book.
University District Hotel Room Block
A small room block is being held at the Travelodge Seattle. You may book the block for any time August 4-7. Rates are as follows:
- Single Rooms 107.10 +tax
- Double Rooms 161.10 +tax
- Call 206-525-4612
- Ask for the West Coast Music rate
The room block will be available until July 4, 2016.
Additional lodging options, including the opportunity to reserve a campus housing may be found on the conference website.
The Program Committee invites program proposals for the 2016 joint meeting of the California and Pacific Northwest Chapters, August 5th and 6th in Seattle, Washington. We have slots for 30 and 45 minute presentations along with opportunities for lightning talks (5-7 minutes). Submit your proposals via our conference proposal form by April 30th. Feel free to contact our Program Committee, John Redford, co-chair, Verletta Kern, co-chair, Terry Lewis, and Erin Conor, with any questions you might have about the proposal process. Thanks to those who have already submitted proposals.
Watch our meeting website for more information about the West Coast Chapter meeting!
Would you like to learn more about music librarianship and management of music collections? The Pacific Northwest Chapter of the Music Library Association (PNWMLA) invites you to apply for our second annual travel grant to attend our joint West Coast Chapter meeting in Seattle, Washington August 5&6, 2016. This grant is open to first-time-attendees of a PNWMLA annual meeting. Graduate students in library and information science, paraprofessionals, and librarians working in areas related to music are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants need not be members of PNWMLA at the time of application but must agree to join the chapter upon receiving the award. This award covers travel funding up to $300.
Application materials should be submitted via email as pdfs to John Vallier (firstname.lastname@example.org). To apply, please include the following:
1. A letter of application which includes:
- the reasons for attending the PNWMLA annual meeting and why you are a good candidate for this grant
- a justification of financial need
- a brief budget for travel costs to attend the PNWMLA annual meeting. Annual meeting registration for travel grant recipients is free and need not be included in your brief budget.
- information about any other grants, matching funds, or institutional support you may also receive to cover costs to attend the PNWMLA annual meeting.
2. A current vita or resume
3. One letter of support directly emailed by the reference via email to John Vallier (email@example.com).
Deadline for the receipt of applications is March 31st. The PNWMLA Board will notify candidates who applied by April 15th.
Please contact PNWMLA chair, John Vallier, with any questions you have related to the travel grant.
Guest Housing is available on the University of Washington campus for the August 2016 MLA West Coast Chapter Meeting. Housing is first come, first served so please reserve your room soon. There are several events occurring in August and rooms will fill up quickly. If possible, Verletta recommends requesting a West Campus room. The West Campus housing was recently renovated and is quite nice. For rates, housing options, and amenities, please see the Guest Housing Reservation Page. Please note that a deposit is required to hold your reservation.
Reserving Campus Housing
Campus Housing may be reserved using the Conference Services Housing Reservation Form.
- For Guest Type, select “You are a visiting faculty or staff member”
- Under the “If you are a Visiting Faculty, Staff Member, etc.” section include the following information:
- UW Contact: Verletta Kern
- UW Department or Organization: UW Libraries
- UW Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about campus housing may be directed to Verletta Kern at email@example.com
The Pacific Northwest Chapter of MLA will host the California Chapter in Seattle, Washington August 5-6, 2016. Stay tuned for more information, including information on applying for our travel grant to attend the meeting!
We look forward to seeing you at this year’s PNWMLA Annual Meeting!
The conference program can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16Swy1neZV5pyviwNUY2cSDQYG1_h7ZxFHMqgRnmtgyU/edit
Local information (including maps, parking info, etc.) can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iPWiUc_WmGLDBLTDx4QbNQmEFdGk0QpGt_WPeEpLJwU/edit
Don’t forget to rsvp to Leslie Bennett if you plan to attend the dinner at her home: firstname.lastname@example.org