We’re planning for the annual chapter meeting next spring, and I just wanted to give you an update on some of the logistics to help with your own planning.
Dates: Friday May 8, 2015 – Saturday May 9, 2015
Where: Knight Library, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
Registration rate: $20
I’ve secured a block of rooms at the Phoenix Inn (http://www.phoenixinn.com/eugene/), at a rate of $109/night. The Phoenix Inn is located on Franklin Blvd. adjacent to UO’s campus and is a 10-minute walk to Knight Library. When you make your reservation, mention the PNW Chapter of the Music Library Association in order to obtain the group rate. Our group block will be held untilApril 7, 2015, so be sure to make your reservation before then. (Our chapter meeting is the same weekend as graduation for Northwest Christian University, a small religious school whose campus is also adjacent to UO, so other hotels near campus will likely be full if you miss the deadline for our group rate.) The hotel rate includes complimentary parking, internet, and hot breakfast.
Leslie Bennett has graciously offered to host the Friday night chapter dinner at her home. She’s still making arrangements regarding catering, but we expect the per person cost to be around $20-25 as it has been in past years.
Look for the call for presentations to come later this fall, and more information on the conference program and dinner will be announced in the winter.
If you have any questions, please let me know!
Would you like to learn more about music librarianship and management of music collections? The Pacific Northwest Chapter of the Music Library Association (PNWMLA) invites you to apply for our inaugural travel grant to attend our annual meeting in Eugene, Oregon May 8-9. This grant is open to first-time-attendees of a PNWMLA annual meeting. Graduate students in library and information science, paraprofessionals, and librarians working in areas related to music are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants need not be members of PNWMLA at the time of application but must agree to join the chapter upon receiving the award. This award covers travel funding up to $300.
Application materials should be submitted via email as pdfs to Ann Shaffer (firstname.lastname@example.org
). To apply, please include the following:
1. A letter of application which includes:
- the reasons for attending the PNWMLA annual meeting and why you are a good candidate for this grant
- a justification of financial need
- a brief budget for travel costs to attend the PNWMLA annual meeting. Annual meeting registration for travel grant recipients is free and need not be included in your brief budget.
- information about any other grants, matching funds, or institutional support you may also receive to cover costs to attend the PNWMLA annual meeting.
2. A current vita or resume
3. One letter of support directly emailed by the reference via email to Ann Shaffer (email@example.com
Deadline for the receipt of applications is December 31st. The PNWMLA Board will notify candidates who applied by February 1st.
The following information may be useful in preparing your budget:
- Hotel room blocks run $109/night not including tax
Please contact PNWMLA chair, Ann Shaffer, with any questions you have related to the travel grant.